Volunteer With Us
MRCI WorkSource has many opportunities for you to be involved as an individual or as a group. To volunteer at our Thrift Shops or as a student internship, please read below. To volunteer at one of our program locations, please contact the manager at that location.
Partnerships and relationships are the foundation of our programs. For individuals interested in exploring and developing new relationships, we can tailor a plan that will meet your needs. We welcome students seeking experiences in many different areas including internships, service learning, mentoring, or completing special projects.
We have had students complete internships in rehabilitation,recreation and related fields, and from business and computer technology programs. Students have also completed internships through the Community Supports for People with Disabilities program (SCTC). For more information, please contact the Human Resources Manager at
(507) 386-5600 in Mankato or the branch manager at the other locations.
Volunteer at Our Thrift Store
Volunteers are always welcome. Without them, the shop would be difficult to operate. We appreciate their unselfish commitment. To make volunteering more enjoyable, below are a few guidelines that provide relative information and to help volunteers understand their obligations.
1. As a volunteer, you have rights to respect, fairness, training, safety and choices in your work. Suggestions and concerns are welcome and should be communicated.
2. Volunteers may work in a variety of jobs. Most jobs require time commitments in four hour blocks. Commitment to time blocks is important and should be honored. A calendar in the lunch room records scheduled workers. If you must cancel, please try to find your own replacement or notify the manger promptly.
3. Our business depends on goodwill. Thrift Shop volunteers are MRCI ambassadors. Friendliness and assistance to customers and donors are very important.
4. The Thrift Shop manager/ assistant manager are resources when you have questions about procedures.
Please consider volunteering with us. Call (507) 386-5600 for more information.